March 12, 2010

Baby Quilt Finished





I finished my latest quilt project that I've decided to call the "Girly girl" baby quilt. The front was pieced with small squares with varying dotted and flower patterns and the backing is "Reagan's Closet" by Heidi Grace Designs. I must admit I like the back as much as the front with the cute butterflies and lady bugs and the fun writing. Words such as "sing", "imagine", and "create" are interspersed throughout the flowery design. I tried something new this time with the quilting and instead of my typical meandering design, I sewed individual flowers on each square and also on the border. I am very happy with how this technique looks and it was worth all the thread trimming I had to do when I was finished. :) If you are interested in this quilt I've listed it in my Artfire Store. It measures 32"x35" and is made with all natural 100 percent cotton materials. The binding is done with pink fabric with large white polka dots.

4 comments:

Cindi said...

I love the quilting in each individual square - it looks great on this quilt. That backing fabric is just adorable. I'd have a hard time picking which side to use if it were mine!

Liesl said...

That quilt is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Tina said...

I love that backing fabric. I used it for some baby bibs lately...so cute!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a sweet quilt - love the backing fabric and the quilting design.